Saab Viggen Prototype

På detta forum diskuteras allt om skalamodeller och relaterade ämnen såsom byggteknik, verktyg, byggsatser, modellrelaterad forskning, evenemang mm. Har du problem eller frågor har du också kommit till rätt ställe - tveka inte att ställa en fråga.
johnr

Saab Viggen Prototype

Inlägg av johnr »

I am building a 1/72 scale model of the Viggen prototype using the Airfix kit. Please could you help me with the following
The canards on the kit have dihedral. Is this correct for the prototype when it first flew?
Can you direct me to any pictures of it at, or around, the time of its first flight?
Are there any illustrations showing the colours of the various sections?
John
robertlundin
Namn: Robert Lundin

Re: Saab Viggen Prototype

Inlägg av robertlundin »

Hi,

I have a few walkarounds on my site of prototype Viggens:
http://aircraftwalkaround.hobbyvista.com/

Regards
Robert Lundin
/Robert Lundin
johnr

Inlägg av johnr »

Thank you. Unfortunately the dihedral matter is still unresolved. One source states that it was removed after the first ground runs due to lateral instability.
Sorry for the delay in acknowledgement. I had to get some software to open the >.RAR files
John
bergwall
Namn: Robert Bergwall

Inlägg av bergwall »

Hi John!
Dihedral on the canards where news to me, I can check it with the really olds guys when Im back at work. The prototype had a more flat apperance of the section right in front of the vertical stabilizer. This was changed to more bulgy style due to longitudinal instability problems (nose down moment) in the transonic region and the reason was bad cross section area distribution, -"area rule". You probably know this allready but anyway.

Unfortunately the Viggen prototype is going to be scrapped this summer or later this year since its very poor condition. Attempts have been done to take it apart but it seams impossible since everything is so corroded. Panels are more than three times thicker than thet were fourty years ago. Vital parts, (instrument panels etc) will anyhow be saved.

Best regards
Robert

rbdstudio.se
Senast redigerad av bergwall den 10 jun 2012, 17:51, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Janne.S

Inlägg av Janne.S »

The mockup model of Viggen had dihedral canards, the prototypes had the standard canards.
Follow me on https://www.patreon.com/user?u=62899518 for earlier and better access to me and my work :D
Skriv svar