Viggen 1/48 aftermarket. Need some help

På detta forum diskuteras allt om skalamodeller och relaterade ämnen såsom byggteknik, verktyg, byggsatser, modellrelaterad forskning, evenemang mm. Har du problem eller frågor har du också kommit till rätt ställe - tveka inte att ställa en fråga.
Alfa Galfa

Viggen 1/48 aftermarket. Need some help

Inlägg av Alfa Galfa »

Hi,

I would like some guidance about the many Viggen 1/48 items available from aftermarket producers like Maestro Models, Two Mike Resin and Neomega.

At first glance, many of these items look like modified kit parts recasted in resin. Given that I have some experience in reshaping plastic parts but I am on budget, what should I really buy ?

In particular I would like to get opinions regarding:

- The air intakes
- The belly resin insert
- The vacuum canopy
- The corrected foreplanes

And just in case, what should I pick:

- The ejection seat: Neomega or Maestro Models ?
- The nose cone: Pisco or Two Mikes ?

Finally, what about the jet xhaust given that the Airfix one is in the close configuration ? The quite expensive tail and exhaust from Maestro Model is really worth ?

Best,
Janne.S

Re: Viggen 1/48 aftermarket. Need some help

Inlägg av Janne.S »

Alfa Galfa skrev:Hi,

I would like some guidance about the many Viggen 1/48 items available from aftermarket producers like Maestro Models, Two Mike Resin and Neomega.

At first glance, many of these items look like modified kit parts recasted in resin. Given that I have some experience in reshaping plastic parts but I am on budget, what should I really buy ?

In particular I would like to get opinions regarding:

- The air intakes
- The belly resin insert
- The vacuum canopy
- The corrected foreplanes

And just in case, what should I pick:

- The ejection seat: Neomega or Maestro Models ?
- The nose cone: Pisco or Two Mikes ?

Finally, what about the jet xhaust given that the Airfix one is in the close configuration ? The quite expensive tail and exhaust from Maestro Model is really worth ?

Best,
SInce I´m up to my elbows in Viggen aftermarket at the moment I do have some views about the things.........
SOme of the satuff is almost essential for making a good VIggen and some you can do without:

The intakes you can do without they are not that hard to bruing up to specs by your self...I´d consider that a waste of money even.

The belly insert, well..you could live without it but it does improve the profile of the model! ´

The vaccu canopy you can live without..it´s only Viggen nerds like me who´d notice anything anyways :P

The corrected foreplanes...well not that hard to fix on your own really, but I wouldn´t consider them a waste of money tho.

I like the Pisco nose cone....haven´t tried two mikes.

ABout the cockpit, well I went for the expensive option of combining the Neomega cockpit with Maestro PE.... but I thik you could manage with the PE alone.
I liked the Neomega seat :D I think it´s a matter of taste really...

The rear...well how anal do you want to be about it? :P I think you can manage wihtout it...won´t be right but it´ll look alright and I for one woudn´t complain about it if the rest of the model looks great :D

Hope you´re happy with the answers :D

Cheers!
Follow me on https://www.patreon.com/user?u=62899518 for earlier and better access to me and my work :D
Alfa Galfa

Re: Viggen 1/48 aftermarket. Need some help

Inlägg av Alfa Galfa »

Yes I am very happy with your answers. Thank you very much!
Skriv svar