First time poster here

På detta forum diskuteras allt om skalamodeller och relaterade ämnen såsom byggteknik, verktyg, byggsatser, modellrelaterad forskning, evenemang mm. Har du problem eller frågor har du också kommit till rätt ställe - tveka inte att ställa en fråga.
Dimon
Namn: Dmitri Kovalev

First time poster here

Inlägg av Dimon »

Hi everyone:
I live in Canada, and will probably be moving to the US soon (for work).
I'd like to stick around these pages, as I'm very much into Swedish designed aircraft; and my daily ride is SAAB Viggen (gas is still relatively affordable in Canada; knock the wood)

A ?-tion popped up - I want to build a model of the SAAB Gripen in 1/48 in Swiss markings, preferably two-seater. I was wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket decal in existence?
thanks forehand!

Dmitri
Stellan
Kontakt:

Re: First time poster here

Inlägg av Stellan »

Welcome to the IPMS Stockholm forum and homepage! You will find a lot of helpful people here and lots of info on Swedish aircraft. Can't help you regarding the specific "Swiss question" but I see you already got some help :)
Stellan Schroeder Englund
Björn Fransson
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Björn Fransson »

Yes, see the thread below.

In short: No Swiss markings are available (yet), but most markings can be found at sheets for F-18, it is likely that Gripen will have similar markings. However, the individual number is likely to be J-60XX. Also note that all stencilling on Swiss aircraft are in two languages, French and German - but I think this is something you canadiens are used to... :)

The FARA/DANGER-marking might be Swedish style with French/German text. Painting will probably be similar to the Swedish Gripens, maybe the nose cone will be in the same grey as the rest of the top surfaces.

Unless Switzerland will switch to low-viz markings, of course. Hope not, since the red/white ones would be really nice on a Gripen!
Dimon
Namn: Dmitri Kovalev

Inlägg av Dimon »

Thank you very much Bjorn!
I'd rather wait till someone produces a set of AM decals - I want the model to be bang on accurate.
Not sure if I can pull partial stencils from the F-18

Cheers,

Dmitri
Johan Elvin
Namn: Johan Elvin

Inlägg av Johan Elvin »

Hi Dmitri
Nice to see you have found your way here.

If you need to know something that is Swedish related than you have come to the right place. Everyone here is very helpful and the knowledge base is top notch, what the people here don't know is not worth knowing.

/Johan
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice...

I vitrinet
J 26 P-51D Mustang
J 29F Tunnan
S 31 Spitfire PR Mk.XIX
J 32B Lansen
J 35J Draken
Skriv svar