N701 Martinet

På detta forum diskuteras allt om skalamodeller och relaterade ämnen såsom byggteknik, verktyg, byggsatser, modellrelaterad forskning, evenemang mm. Har du problem eller frågor har du också kommit till rätt ställe - tveka inte att ställa en fråga.
Shinichi Togashi
Namn: SHINT

N701 Martinet

Inlägg av Shinichi Togashi »

Dear Sir or Madam.

I am such a fan of Swedish aircraft that I subscribe to the SFF newsletter. However, I can't say that I find it very useful with regard to models, except for the thematic book that comes out once a year, and I think there are many problems that could be solved if you would allow me to add to this bulletin.
At any rate, we now know what happened to the tip of the fuselage stripe when the N701 Martinet SE-KAE used for aerial mapping was painted white on the back of the fuselage, and how the aerial camera was mounted. I would like to, but it does not appear to be available on the web. I have a photo of one mounted, but it appears to be a Swiss Wilde RC5/RC5a, and from the photo kindly provided by the Air Force Museum staff, it appears that it had a visual device on the right side of the nose. Perhaps it was fitted with an other type of camera.Please let me know if you know, as I cannot confirm whether there is an observation hole on the right side of the nose in the photo I have. There is an oxygen cylinder aft of the bulkhead behind the pilot seat, and the oxygen supply system appears to be similar to the American demand type observed on J26. Forward of the starboard aft bulkhead is a spare cartridge storage area for an aerial camera? I would like to include these details in a 1/48 SpecialHobby Sibel 204 conversion.

Best regards.
Shinichi Togashi.
kai
Namn: Kai-Mikael Jää-Aro

Re: N701 Martinet

Inlägg av kai »

You may want to get in touch with the Arlanda Aviation Collection, who are restoring the last remaining NC.701:
https://arlandaflygsamlingar.se/sida-5- ... rs-vanner/ (The web page hasn’t been updated recently, but they are active and working.)
Shinichi Togashi

Thank you I tried several times to contact them, but no answer, sigh…
Shinichi Togashi

I have several color photos of SE-KAE interior : : :geek: geek: geek: and
one monochrome photo apparently equipped RC5/5a aerial camera. SE-KAE of Swedish Air Force Museum seems to equip different type camera.
I know Instrument panel is completely different from Si-204D(N701 Martinet). Colors of cockpit is “Swedish Green” as observed many Swedish fighters to J35.Rear fuselage seems to remain French coloring, upper side painted Chamois leather beige, lower sideblack and floor is wooden panels. I seriously want to know about the arial camera type fitted SE-KAE.
hanfeh
Namn: Hans Fehrnström
Kontakt:

Inlägg av hanfeh »

I have learnt a little of the five Nord NC701 used by the Swedish National Mapping Authority while building all five in 1/72 scale. I have not studied SE-KAE nowadays belonging to the Swedish Air Force Museum as it is stored in a closed storehouse. I made a small walk-around of SE-KAL at Arlanda Aviation Collection and I have enclosed a photo of the camera opening on the underside. I assume they only had a kind of sighting equipment in the cock-pit that you are mentioning as a visual device. Be aware of that that all 5 planes had differences and they also looked different during their operational period.
All my five built Nord NC701 Martinet are based on the SMER/Kopro/KP Models Siebel models made with the same tool. Not the highest quality and rather difficult to achieve a "good enough level". I have now found some KPM kits with the correct NC701 Martinet version and will make 5 new models.
Bilagor
20220425_135203 kompr.jpg
20220425_135203 kompr.jpg (18.15 KiB) Visad 2571 gånger
20220425_135043  kompr.jpg
20220425_135043 kompr.jpg (17.73 KiB) Visad 2571 gånger
DSCN7850  kompr.JPG
DSCN7850 kompr.JPG (243.34 KiB) Visad 2571 gånger
/Hasse

Mina webplatser
https://www.diorama.one/
Shinichi Togashi

Could you please inform me how can i send my photos to the forum?
hanfeh
Namn: Hans Fehrnström
Kontakt:

Inlägg av hanfeh »

This is the e-mail to Jan Forsgren at Arlanda Aviation Collection, janforsgren@yahoo.se. He is very knowledgeable in these matters and send an e-mail directly to Jan Forsgren.
I will publish a short building blog on my own webbpage with the building of my five Nord NC701 Martinet within soon.
/Hasse

Mina webplatser
https://www.diorama.one/
kai
Namn: Kai-Mikael Jää-Aro

Inlägg av kai »

Shinichi Togashi skrev: 16 maj 2022, 12:31 Could you please inform me how can i send my photos to the forum?
When you write a post, below the editor is a tab ”Bilagor” (”Attachments”), select that to add images to your post.
Urban Gardini
Namn: Urban Gardini
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Urban Gardini »

kai skrev: 17 maj 2022, 09:42
Shinichi Togashi skrev: 16 maj 2022, 12:31 Could you please inform me how can i send my photos to the forum?
When you write a post, below the editor is a tab ”Bilagor” (”Attachments”), select that to add images to your post.
Add to that is that the function gets available when you use the full editing post function (Fullständig redigerare) instead of the quick post directly in the thread.
Modellbyggare gör det med modeller.

What is the color when black is burned? - Neil Young
Shinichi Togashi

My mail account is now malfunctioning.
Please won’t send any mail for while.
Skriv svar