Ingen Humbrol heller

På detta forum diskuteras allt om skalamodeller och relaterade ämnen såsom byggteknik, verktyg, byggsatser, modellrelaterad forskning, evenemang mm. Har du problem eller frågor har du också kommit till rätt ställe - tveka inte att ställa en fråga.
Pellson

Re: Ingen Humbrol heller

Inlägg av Pellson »

God middag!
Also my local hobby shop has replaced the Humbrols with Revell enamels, and as far as I can understand, there's no real intention to revert to Humbrol either. However, as many others, I am pretty happy with my old Humbrols and would very much like to continue, so where do you get them from these days? I can't even find anyone willing to ship them to Sweden.

Any tips appreciated as I'm about to dry up.. ;)
Replicas are for people without imagination!

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/
christer k
Namn: Christer Karlsson

Inlägg av christer k »

Jag kan inte släppa det här med Humbrol i Sverige, så jag skrev igen till firman:

Dear Sirs,

Will it ever be possible to buy Humbrol enamels again here in Sweden? Is it a clearing from EU that is needed, as I understand that you have changed the paint formula. Has the wholesale dealer something to do with it? I have noticed that Revell is now taking over the market in Sweden, as the wholesale dealer is pushing their paint instead of Humbrol, and the shops has to comply. The paints racks are gone and are probably scrapped, which is a pity, and it will be difficult to relaunch the brand in the shops. Revells paint range is much smaller and is not an alternative, not for me anyway.

Yours sincerely,

Christer Karlsson
Sweden

Här är deras svar:

Thank you for your email. Humbrol enamels should now be available in Sweden once again after being unavailable for a short time due to a regulation change. It is of course up to individual retailers whether or not to stock the paint once again and it may be that the ones you have consulted have chosen not to as I do not believe there is a reason that they would not be available.

Kind Regards,

Sam Coventon
Quality Control & Technical Support Assistant
www.hornbyhobbies.co.uk

Jag ska höra med Svenskt Konstnärscentrum vad de tror om detta, de är bra att ha att göra med. Det är ju inte bara modellbyggare som använder Humbrol. Men jag har inga illusioner då jag misstänker att allt måste gå genom generalagenten/importören.

Christer
Lars Larsson

Inlägg av Lars Larsson »

En liten uppdatering på färgfronten.

Nu verkar det bli knepigt att beställa Humbrol (och annan enamel färg) från UK. Texten nedan är kopierad från www.hannants.co.uk

Can you post paints and aerosols?

We can post acrylic paint to any address by air or surface.

Regarding what the postal authorities now call 'Dangerous goods'.

Aerosols. We can be posted but only by DPD to a UK address. If you cannot put it in the cart that means you cannot order it.

Enamel paints. EG Xtracolor and Humbrol etc.... The Royal Mail will not accept them now and if we were to post them and they were to find them they would destroy the entire parcel. We cannot risk that happening. We only found out about this new 'law' 3 weeks after they introduced it when we received a letter to say they had destroyed £350.00 of goods going to an overseas address. After a few weeks of frantic communication we discovered that it was because the parcel contained 4 tins of paint.

After long discussions with Parcelforce and GLS, their overseas agents/carriers, both agreed they would take parcels with enamel paint provided it did not go on an aircraft. So we can deliver to the UK (not Scottish Highlands because it may be flown) and most mainland EU countries that they deliver to by lorry.

Parcelforce charges are more expensive than Royal Mail but this is mainly because they take the big heavy parcels and Royal mail take the small light ones. Parcels are priced by weight and volume not the value of the contents.

At the time of writing the Parcelforce minimum in the UK, according to their website, is £11.70. This is if you were to go into a Post Office and post a parcel over 2kg. They give us a large discount which we pass on and we charge £6.50 in the UK. So if you want to buy 6 tins of paint £6.50 is quite a lot to pay. However if you want to buy 50 tins £6.50 is very cheap.

Similarly to an Overseas address. The minimum charge is much higher so the cost per tin will be higher. By adding 'Dangerous goods' to an order customers may see a large jump in price as the carrier changes from the cheaper Royal Mail to the more expensive Parcelforce.

Our website will tell you if we cannot send the items you have in your cart. If we cannot send 'dangerous goods' to your country the website will not let you order until the 'dangerous goods' in your cart are removed.
Skriv svar