Plans and drawings of seaplane cruiser Gotland

På detta forum diskuteras allt om skalamodeller och relaterade ämnen såsom byggteknik, verktyg, byggsatser, modellrelaterad forskning, evenemang mm. Har du problem eller frågor har du också kommit till rätt ställe - tveka inte att ställa en fråga.
Kadlubek
Namn: Krzysztof

Plans and drawings of seaplane cruiser Gotland

Inlägg av Kadlubek »

dear friends, modelers

I am a Polish modeler designing and building cardboard ship models. I recently completed my latest HTMS Thonburi project. Now I would like to start construction of the HSWMS Gotland seaplane cruiser.I found several photos on the Internet and information about plans in the scale of 1:150 editions in the series "foreningen sveriges flott modell ritiningasserie". Unfortunately, I do not know, where to buy them. Unfortunately, the Swedish language is a barrier to me searching for them on your websites. Polish magazines contain only a description and history of the ship's services, several photographs and simple drawings that are not suitable for modeling purposes.
I wanted to ask you for help in finding the right plans or books or magazines that I could use in my project.
So far, I've designed three ships. You can view the report from their construction on the Polish model forum Konradus.com

http://www.konradus.com/forum/read.php? ... r=0&page=1

http://www.konradus.com/forum/read.php? ... r=0&page=6

http://www.konradus.com/forum/read.php? ... r=0&page=5

I appreciate every help.

Of course, you can also write in Swedish, I will translate it myself.
Bilagor
DSCN8150.JPG
DSCN8150.JPG (48.42 KiB) Visad 8211 gånger
hh1062.jpg
hh1062.jpg (68.69 KiB) Visad 8211 gånger
hh4006.jpg
hh4006.jpg (44.59 KiB) Visad 8211 gånger
Handerss
Namn: Henrik

Re: Plans and drawings of seaplane cruiser Gotland

Inlägg av Handerss »

A few years ago I happened upon the drawings from "Föreningen Sveriges flotta". Since my father, who was a career naval officer, did his initial training on HMS Gotland I could not pass up on the opporunity. When the drawings arrived they were in a passable condition, but to safeguard them I took them to a copyshop and made a quality copy. At the same time I had them scan the drawings to TIF format. I am rather reluctant to putting these up on the web, but I will send the scans to whoever wants a copy of them. Just send me a note with your e-mail address. The scans are approximately 1.3 Mb each.

I also have the drawings for HMS Drottning Viktoria and HMS Stockholm (1936) in scanned format.

Now, if someone out there have drawings for HMS Göta Leijon or HMS Tre Kronor available, I would be most interested.

/Henrik
Kadlubek

Inlägg av Kadlubek »

Henrik
I sent you my email in a message. I really appreciate your help. If someone has the possibility of directing me to some color photos or drawings that allow to recreate the camouflage pattern, please help me.
Kadlubek

Inlägg av Kadlubek »

I would like to build a model in this camouflage. And for this period.
Bilagor
Fo86756C,.jpg
Fo86756C,.jpg (1.32 MiB) Visad 8131 gånger
Johan i Hok
Namn: Johan Erlandsson

Inlägg av Johan i Hok »

I think the picture shows HMS Gotland after her re-fit as an Anti aircraft cruiser in 1943-1944. I used to have a copy of the magazine"Warship International" that had a few pages about her, but unfortunally it was lost in a small fire....
In that copy there was a very simple drawing of her as an anti-aircraft cruiser, mainly showing her armament.
By the way, great looking models!
Johan i Hok
Kadlubek

Inlägg av Kadlubek »

You're right, I also found out when I found this picture. Because I want to have the version with planes, the model will be uniformly gray. I have already begun to draw the frames to the inner skeleton, I am using the drawings from Henrik. Now I needs to find as many pictures and drawings as possible with the deck equipment.
Bilagor
canvasll.png
canvasll.png (1.02 MiB) Visad 8059 gånger
Johan i Hok
Namn: Johan Erlandsson

Inlägg av Johan i Hok »

Good to hear that you started upon this one!
I think that you can find some pictures at "digitaltmuseum.se" I even found a GA-drawing of her fitted out as a anti-aircraft cruiser! I wrote "flygplanskryssare gotland" in the searchbox and then you can click at "visa flera träffar" to have all objects shown.
Digitalt museum is quite usefull as it is a plattform for swedish, and i think also norway have similar site, museums to make their collections available on the internet.
Joakim Hultman

Inlägg av Joakim Hultman »

I just want to say that I think it's really cool that you've made the Thonburi. I wish there was a 1/350 kit of it available. :)
Kadlubek

Inlägg av Kadlubek »

Thank you Johan i Hok. I know this page, but thanks to you I started to review it again and I found some more useful photos. Maybe someone has pictures of this ship's model from the Maritime museum, which is very detailed and probably built on the basis of shipbuilding plans.
jonaszett

Inlägg av jonaszett »

This Ebay seller sometimes releases old newspaper photos, some have included detailed pictures from HMS Gotland.
Not so much at this moment but I maybe have some usable photos if you need from the catapult if you need some.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swedish-navy ... %7Ciid%3A1
Bild
Bild

Z
Skriv svar