SAAB J 29F Tunnan, Hobby Boss 1:52 Scale

Detta är vårt fotografiska forum där besökare kan dela bilder på deras pågående modellprojekt (pågående eller färdiga), för att kunna få feedback och konstruktiva kommentarer. För att lägga upp en bild, klicka på fliken Bilagor under inläggets testruta. Klicka på Lägg till filer för att ladda upp dina bilder, upp till tre bilder per inlägg. 800 × 600 pixlar är lagom storlek.
Björn Fransson
Kontakt:

Re: SAAB J 29F Tunnan, Hobby Boss 1:52 Scale

Inlägg av Björn Fransson »

Stellan skrev: Hr Fransson, det är bara att citera på det. Önskar jag kunde citera ditt fantastiska modellbyggande
Nåja, jag tror nog att det både citeras och överträffas en hel del från det Englundska hållet. Men tack, roligt att höra!

Apropå Revelltunnan, var en sväng förbi (gamla) Wentzels i måndags. Där finns ju en ordentligt uppgraderad Revell/Matchboxtunna i en av montrarna. Den har stått där i många år, men med tanke på allt snack om Tunnans former på sistone, tog jag en extra titt på den. Och den ÄR verkligen riktigt bra. I synnerhet när byggaren som i det här fallet spacklat igen alla paneldiken och fixat till huvudställsluckan. Den gamle sjuttiotalsbritten kan än.
easy_company
Namn: Henrik Persson

Inlägg av easy_company »

Hade gärna sett mer vädring på din tunna.
/Henrik Persson
"If you going through hell, keep going!" -Winston Churchill.
BOBO
Namn: MOTAG Berlin

Inlägg av BOBO »

Hallo IPMS-Friends in Sweden,
how can help me please?
All pictures here are with ERROR 404 - not available!
I'm looking for the correct color description for this UN Saab J-29. I have four sources, but each has a different color specification.
Please let me know the correct color names and colors with an original color copy. I use AGAMA, REVELL, MODELMASTER, HATAKA, HUMBROL enamel paints (none of them acrylic paints)

Hallo IPMS-Friends in Sweden, Alla bilder här är med ERROR 404 - ej tillgängligt!
Jag letar efter rätt färgbeskrivning för denna FN Saab J-29. Jag har fyra källor, men alla har olika färgspecifikationer.
Låt mig veta rätt färgnamn och färger med en originalfärgkopia. Jag använder AGAMA, REVELL, MODELMASTER, HATAKA, HUMBROL emaljfärger (ingen av dem akrylfärger)

Bild

Bild

Bild
Stellan
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Stellan »

Yes, this is an interesting topic many tried to have an absolute truth to.

Officially, the colours sent to the 22nd UN squadron in the Kongo was ad following:

Olive green 325
Brown 505
Orange 226
Blue grey 058
Black 095
White 003

The colours were mixed to unknown shades and all aircraft got individual camouflage. So, it is thus impossible to give exact colours. From photos we can however say the J 29s were in a dark olive green and dark brown uppers with brownish orange spagetti patterns. Undersides of were left in bare aluminium.

This information is from the best possible source, Fredsflygarna, by Leif Hellström.

As always, check your sources. Here is one nice photo of the J 29. https://military-wiki.com/saab-j29-tunn ... c-fighter/ To my eye it seems like the section from nose wheel to engine outlet were left in aluminium...
Stellan Schroeder Englund
magnusf
Site Admin
Namn: Magnus Fridsell

Inlägg av magnusf »

You can find some more inspiration here: http://www.ipmsstockholm.se/phpBB3/view ... =3&t=11896

I'll check with the builder if he can help out with his colour choices!

Regards

Magnus
Björn Fransson
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Björn Fransson »

magnusf skrev: 05 mar 2021, 17:42 You can find some more inspiration here: http://www.ipmsstockholm.se/phpBB3/view ... =3&t=11896

I'll check with the builder if he can help out with his colour choices!

Regards

Magnus
And here I am! For my UN Tunnan, I used information from Moose Republic Decals Tunnan sheet. As Stellan writes, the green was most likely the normal SwAF olive green 325 which is close to or FS34079. The best choice for this colour is Gunze H309. However for my build, I used Mr Paint MRP-101 thich was good enough. Avoid Mr Paint's SwAF Olive Green 325 which is far too brown.

For some reason many sources claim that these aircraft were painted green/dark blue (or even green/black), which is wrong. The other camouflage color was brown, a brown that is pretty close to the RAF Dark Earth, for instance Gunze H72 or any other brand that has Dark Earth in their range.

Finally, the orange is rather yellow/light brownish (that is, not too red), here I simply used reference photos to get something similar.

Undersides of wings were left unpainted, and so was also the underside of the belly from the exhaust to just behind the nose gear - the nose gear doors were painted.

Note that the UN badge and UN roundels had white background, the letter on the fin was white with a thin black outline, while all stencils and the number "22" were black or red on NMF background. That is, since the aircraft originally were in NMF, these were quite roughly masked while the rest of the aircraft was camouflaged.
Stellan
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Stellan »

I´d say the green/blue or green/black green F 22 fantasies comes from the S 29s and J 29s done up in camouflage paint.

Thanks, Björn, for claifying what colours you used for your model.
Stellan Schroeder Englund
Skriv svar