California modeler visit to Stockholm 30/10-1/11 2013

På detta forum diskuteras allt om skalamodeller och relaterade ämnen såsom byggteknik, verktyg, byggsatser, modellrelaterad forskning, evenemang mm. Har du problem eller frågor har du också kommit till rätt ställe - tveka inte att ställa en fråga.
Michael Potter
Namn: Michael Potter

California modeler visit to Stockholm 30/10-1/11 2013

Inlägg av Michael Potter »

My wife and I visit Stockholm this month and lodge at Queen's Hotel, Drottninggatan 71 A. I would be pleased to meet other modelers.

The evenings of 30-31 October would be nice since few sites for visitors are open. One interest of mine is the cruiser HMS Gotland, both for modeling and history. If anyone has the book Kryssare, please know that it will interest me to see it.

Samples of my models: < IPMS fine waterline special interest group >
--> Galleries --> Model Galleries --> Destroyers. I design and create PE.

You may e-mail me directly at: mp@ powergrid.us.com [delete the space, of course].

Best regards,
Michael Potter
Pål Björkman

Re: California modeler visit to Stockholm 30/10-1/11 2013

Inlägg av Pål Björkman »

Hello Michael
Welcome to Stockholm. I hope you willl have a pleasant time in our city. From a maritime modelling point of view, a visit to the Sjöhistoriska museet( Maritime museum) is a must. Adress: Djurgårdsbrunnsvägen 24 Open tuesd–sunday 10–17 Free admittance. There are some very good models on display, HMS Gotland is one. Unfortunatly I can't meet you this time.

Regards Pål
Mats Averkvist
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Mats Averkvist »

I can recommend the book Katapultflygplanet S 9 Hawker Osprey och flygplankryssaren Gotland
by Mikael Forslund which contains a lot of information about the Gotland.

Bild
kai
Namn: Kai-Mikael Jää-Aro

Inlägg av kai »

And of course, we have a build-meet at Midsommargården 17:00–21:00 on Thursday 2013-10-31. Come over and have a chat with a bunch of random modellers! Take the underground train in direction Fruängen, get off at Telefonplan. When you get out from the station, turn right, cross the street and enter the big yellow brick building by the square. We are one floor up, just follow the noise.
Tankman
Namn: Mats Stråhle

Inlägg av Tankman »

Jag har haft en mailkonversation med Michael och jag kommer att plocka upp honom i stan och ta ut honom (med fru?) till byggmötet.
Så vill ni snacka med en tvättäkta californisk modellbyggare så kom dit!

Om det är så att någon av er har böcker som kan vara relevanta för honom (båtar ser det ut som) och kan göra er av med dem så ta med!

Mats
Mats Stråhle
Robin Nilsson

Inlägg av Robin Nilsson »

Jag träffar honom ikväll och tar med boken Kryssare samt en modellritning till HMS Gotland. Boken om S9 har han redan en kopia av.
Jag kommer att scanna valda delar av Kryssare så det är löst.
/ Robin
Michael Potter
Namn: Michael Potter

Thank you for most pleasant visit to Stockholm

Inlägg av Michael Potter »

I thank the correspondents and modelers who contacted and often met Jan and me during our most pleasant visit to Stockholm. We had a thoroughly delightful holiday. I am contacting some of you directly but I here especially thank Mats Stråhle and his wife who first waited for Jan and me to return from the archipelago and then transported us for the build-meet at Midsommargården.

The following week at IPMS-UK Scale Model World my 1/600 UK frigate HMS Palliser of 1958 won the bronze award among scratch-built ships. The model endured its travel adventure and is back on display now with its trophy plaque at my home.

My scratch-build 1/700 HMS Gotland of 1941 advances! The stock resin kit supplies particular parts such as the gun directors. Thank you for new information about the actual ship.

With best wishes for 2014,
Michael Potter
San Diego, California USA
Skriv svar